Thursday 8 November 2012

Christmas is coming..

I am a little behind this year as I usually bake my Christmas cakes in the last week of October. I bake for myself, my mum and mother-in-law and nothing heralds the coming of Christmas quite like the aroma of cakes infusing the house. I'm baking today but started last night by soaking the dried fruit in brandy.
Yesterday I went into Manchester to buy presents for both my husband's and daughter's birthdays which are coming very soon. I saw these fabulously cheesy jumpers in Primark and I could not resist one each for me and Bel. Only £12 each and to be worn in the spirit of the season, I cannot wait!

4 comments:

  1. I agree about the smell of Christmas baking. I don't particularly like fruit cake, but my other half loves it, so I always make it round about now. For years I used an old family recipe going back several generations, belonging to a dear friend, but last year I discovered Mary Berry's Victorian recipe, and it is so yummy, even I like the occasional small piece, with a small piece of cheese, much to my other half's dismay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit, I'm with your husband on that one! I use Delia Smith's recipe, but the pages of the cookbook are starting to stick together after years of baking it! I will look up Mary Berty's recipe, I love her on The Great British Bake Off. Thank you for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete