Friday 13 April 2012

Tales From The Tearooms, The Secret Garden.

I live in Worsley, a suburb of Salford, whose inhabitants like to call a village, albeit one that is part of the vast urban sprawl that is Greater Manchester. Barton Road is the main road through and here you will find The Secret Garden Tea Room. Unfortunately, it closes on Mondays, which is when I usually have my shift at the library close by, curses. The tea room is quite small but after March the garden at the back opens and tables can be found there, lovely if the weather is kind.
The ladies who own the tea room are really friendly and the menu is full of the usual fayre, the home made soups are particularly tasty. I visited with Bel last week and I had a slice of lemon drizzle cake ( my personal all-time favourite) which was just lovely. Bel had a scone which she claimed was almost as good as mine ( being VERY diplomatic!), and with a pot of tea and a hot chocolate, the bill was a very reasonable £7.
I have had the Afternoon Tea there with a group of friends which was excellent value with laden plates of scones, cakes and sandwiches and pots of tea.
So, if you ever in Worsley, it is worth a visit to The Secret Garden, but not on a Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know which I'm more chuffed about.... the great post about the Tea Rooms, or the fact that there is obviously another blogger in the area... :)

    Great post, and share your enthusiasm for the Tea Rooms... food is fab...

    ReplyDelete