Wednesday 15 June 2011

Vintage Fun in Stockport

On Sunday, Isobel and I went on our monthly jaunt to the Vintage Village in Stockport. Held in the Market Hall, it is home to dozens of stalls, all groaning with delights, old and new.I could easily spend all day there but the teen starts getting angsty and has to be plied with tea and cupcakes.
I bought these beautiful tea plates a couple of months ago from Parrot in the Pantry and I have used them for lucious sweet treats ever since.
Bathing Beauty's stall is simply gorgeous. George Jones is a micro-producer of beautiful skin products. Isobel was lucky enough to win the monthly prize draw of bath delights, and I must admit to pinching a few. Each contain a rose bud, which caused Bel to yell out after a bath recently as she thought a creepy crawly was stuck in the plug hole.This month I bought some divine body oil, which helps soothe sun-burn.George is lovely to chat to ( you can follow her on twitter @bathingbeauty1 ), as are the other stall holders. All are super-friendly and take time to chat about their wares.
I also bought this little picture from Parrot in the Pantry as it reminds me of my youth and some lovely cake forks for my Saturday tea parties. Stuart Thornley Cake Designs ( follow them on twitter @STCakeDesign )are usually there, tempting everyone with their delicious cakes and cake pops.
So, if you get the chance, do pay Vintage Village ( @Vintage_Village )a visit. Only a pound admission and a cornucopia of delights awaits.......




1 comment:

  1. love those plates and love the forks. Best thing about cake forks is you HAVE to have cake so you can use them. Fact! ;o) Every house should have cake forks.

    xx

    ReplyDelete